Sunday 22 September 2013

Anupama and Masaba to kick off WIFW

New Delhi, Sep 20 (IANS) The spring-summer edition of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) will kick off here Oct 9 with a combined show by Anupama Dayal and Masaba Gupta, the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) announced Friday.

The five-day event will be held at Pragati Maidan.

“We are delighted that two talented, young designers will be opening the latest season of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Spring Summer 2014 with their innovative collection,” FDCI president Sunil Sethi said in a statement.

Anupama is known for her interesting inspirations and eclectic designs, while Masaba's label, House of Masaba, will once again try to woo viewers with its ingenious, bold prints combined with an innovative graphic twist. 

“I feel privileged to open the fashion week as prestigious as WIFW, thank you FDCI. My collection is called Gulabi and I hope it will start the week on a fresh and energetic note,” said Anupama.

Masaba said: “I am thrilled and honoured to be opening for FDCI at WIFW SS 2014 for House of Masaba as I look forward to showing my new line in the capital after a long gap.”

It is a special chance for Masaba.

"I will be opening WIFW for the second time this year. (It) was for Satya Paul in March, this time for House of Masaba," she posted on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment